YOU WILL BECOME MASTER TRANSLATORS OF YOUR OWN NERVOUS SYSTEM SO THAT YOU UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR BODY IS TELLING YOU.
The teacher training covers emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and practical self-care modules so that you become the best version of yourself and are able to share that knowledge with others.
There is power in group and community. When we put ourselves into relationship with others where we feel safe, we can learn and grow and have the freedom to step into our most authentic and vulnerable selves.
WHEN WE CONNECT WITH OURSELVES, WE MOVE OUT OF PROTECTION, AND INTO A SPACE OF VULNERABILITY, WHICH ALLOWS US TO CONNECT WITH OTHERS AND THRIVE.
Movement and Breathwork training is provided by Janice Tokaryk and Catie Clapp. MSW-led Groupwork is provided by Chris Clapp. Guest instructors include Anne Pitman (Yoga Therapist), Sam Sabourin (Founder of Between The Bumpers, Strength and Conditioning Coach), Teri Gentes (International presenter, Lifestyle wellness coach, Published author, Chef), Casey Easton (RMT, Movement teacher-yoga tune up) and Brenna Bellhouse (Mindfulness and Meditation Teacher, Yoga teacher).
Meet Us Live
To learn more, join us on Zoom for a brief information session.
Sunday, March 14th, 2021 @ 10:00 am
Monday, March 22nd, 2021 @ 7:00 pm
Why choose our teacher training?
You will learn how to regulate your own emotions and cope with difficult feelings. You will also learn how to hold space and build a container for others to do the same.
- Affirmations and mantras
- Meditation and Mindfulness
- Breathwork and somatic practices
- Group Therapy-boundaries, Non-violent communication
You will learn how to nourish your spirit so that you enhance your inner peace and obtain a greater understanding of life beyond yourself.
- Silent nature retreat
- Importance of prayer, ceremony, ritual, and establishing a daily practice
- Sound healing
- Yoga philosophy, social activism and community service
- Visioning, manifesting, channelling and tapping into your intuition
- Group Therapy: Inclusion, equity, diversity, trauma-informed practices
Practical Self Care
You will action core needs to fulfill needs and reduce stress:
- Money mindset, budgeting, business of holistic wellness
- Declutter/organizational/time management
- Business mentoring
- Meal/food prep
- Group Therapy: Core Gifts
You will learn how to nourish yourself and lead others to enhanced physical well-being.
- Mobility, Flexibility and Functional Anatomy
- Yoga postures, sequencing, modifications, props, cuing
- Expressive meditation and dance
- Self Massage
- Group therapy: Rest, sleep, stress management tools
You will nourish and challenge your mind to expand your knowledge about the brain and the nervous system
- Explore MindRebel™ framework
- Book club-self study in groups
- Vibrant group discussions around current issues impacting society
- Group therapy-Tree of Life ™
Stay tuned for September 2021 training dates!
Dates of Program: March 27 – June 30, 2021
- Friday, March 27 7-9pm
- Saturday, Sunday Mar 28-29, 11am-5pm
- Mon Mar 29/Wed Mar 31: Muddle through your movement 7-9pm
- Friday, April 9 7-9pm
- Saturday, Sunday April 10-11, 11am-5pm
- Mon Apr 12/Wed Apr 14-Muddle through your movement 7-9pm
- Saturday, Sunday April 24-25- 11am-5pm
- Mon Apr 26/Wed Apr 28-Muddle through your movement 7-9pm
- Saturday, Sunday May 8-9-11am-5pm
- Mon May 10,/Wed May 12-Muddle through your movement 7-9pm
- Saturday, Sunday May 28-29-11am-5pm
- Mon May 31/Wed June 2-Muddle through your movement 7-9pm
- Saturday, Sunday June 11/12-11am-5pm
- Mon June 13/Wed June 15-Book Club/Self Study
- June 24-26 Graduation/Final Wrap up Weekend-Camp out @ Willow Wellness, 5944 Perth St, Richmond, ON. Details to follow as status of pandemic is updated. Event will run virtually as well for those that cannot travel to Ottawa for the weekend.
- Mon Jun 28/Wed June 30- Next Steps/Closing the Gap between where you are and what’s next
- Practicum and Self Study: 25 hours
- Book Club Hours: 30 hours
- Leading Karma/Community Yoga Classes as Lead and Assistant: 2 hours (TBD)
- MSW-Supervised Groupwork x 4 (Dates TBD based on group availability)