Practices are science-based and designed to both wind down and challenge the nervous system, promoting positive lasting change.
In a safe and brave space, learn to:
- Move with a sense of safety in daily living
- Calm the nervous system, create resilience to life’s stressors
- Better understand your pain and its contributors
- Build capacity and … live your life with more ease
When you live with pain, it often changes who you are as a person and how you see and relate to the world around you. Using narrative and storytelling to:
- Make sense of your pain
- Honour grief and loss connected with your story
- Give meaning to your experience
- Develop a new perspective, new purpose
Small group sessions in community with others.
Meet Jody Ryan, Yoga Therapist and a Certified Pain Care Yoga Teacher, with over 12 years of experience teaching yoga from a person-centered, and trauma-aware approach. Jody has her own lived experience of pain as well as extensive training to gently guide participants through this program.
Chris Clapp, Social Worker (MSW), will guide you through two of these group sessions using a storytelling approach to bring out the unique stories each participant holds within. We will support each other to reframe and find ways to “re-story” the grief and loss that pain can bring forth.
Having lived overseas much of the last 20 years, Jody recognizes not only the uniqueness of each and every person from a personal point of view, but also how culture and environment play a part in how we live and move in the larger world around us. She utilizes her keen sense of interest and observation of people along with her caring and compassion for each lived experience, to create safe spaces for learning, growth and healing.
Alongside her own lived experience with pain, she brings the following certifications:
- Yoga Therapist -The School of Embodied Yoga Therapy
- Certified Pain Care Yoga Teacher, Neal Pearson
- Trauma Aware Certification, Erin Byron
- Yoga for Children with Autism and Special Needs – Level 1, Shawnee Thornton
- Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT500), The School of Embodied Yoga Therapy
- A Year in Ayurveda, with Matthew Remski
- Restorative Yoga Teacher, with Cheryl Oliver
- Neurobiology of Yoga, with Yoga Medicine
- Yoga Biomechanics, with Jules Mitchell
- I Love Anatomy, Functional Synergy, with Susi Hately
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), with Jacki Woodworth & Tina Ringer Mogensen
This program may be covered by your personal benefits plan under MSW (Masters of Social Work). Receipts will be provided. It is your responsibility to verify and submit to your insurance company.